Provides in-home and community-based services for persons with intellectual and/or developmental disability by performing duties identified in the treatment plan. The employee works directly with the members, parents and other caregivers.
Contractors strive to develop the participant’s strengths and maximize their individual potential.
- Must execute program design to meet the member’s needs and objectives
- Must partner with management team to ensure effective delivery of services
- Completion of duties and the implementation of various skill building activities per participant’s individualized Plan of Care (PCP) or (ISP)
- Directs and assist individuals
- Implements therapeutic monitoring and training as it relates to behavioral, educational, recreational and or social needs
- Daily documentation of services provided
- Documentation submitted to QP per payroll schedule
- Attendance and participation at all supervisions, meetings, trainings, in-services or groups
- Representation of agency in a positive manner at all times
- Participation in meetings for participant care and provide the best possible care at all times
- Maintenance of skills, certifications and privileging
- Upholds integrity of company and follows policies and procedures
- Completes incident reports per occurrence
- Reports to QP any concerns or problems either employee or participant related
- Administers medication as required and documents on the MAR
- Takes participant to all appointments
- Maintains financial records of client income
Essential skills and experience (Qualifications):
Have a high school diploma or GED. Be able to demonstrate competence in the area of confidentiality, participant rights, and strong documentation skills. Have strong organizational skills, and basic computer skills along with the ability to use the internet. Be 18 or older, have and maintain a valid NC driver’s license and maintain liability insurance for their automobile. Be able to work in a non-supervised setting. Must have reliable transportation.
Nonessential skills and experience:
Eligible or have previous credentialing as a Para-Professional, completed CPR/First Aid, NCI (non-violent intervention)
Physical demands and work environment:
- Must be able to work under various environmental factors including but not limited to a participant’s: work site, school or in the participant’s home.
- General sign-off: the employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to policies.
|Job Category||Contract, Full-Time|