NC Innovations (I/DD) program is a Medicaid Waiver Program that trains and supports people with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disability. The services under the waiver help individuals learn skills to function more independently. The employee works directly with participants, parents, and other caregivers (individual or groups) in a naturally occurring setting (home, school, community, etc) to address functional problems that occur within that setting.
Employees strive to develop the participant’s ability to live successfully in the community with minimal services, support and guidance.
- Must execute program design to meet participant’s needs and objectives
- Must partner with management team to ensure effective delivery of services
- Completion of duties per participant’s individualized Plan of Care (treatment plan)
- Daily documentation of services provided
- Complete incident reports per occurrence
- Documentation submitted to QP per payroll schedule
- Attendance and participation at all supervisions, meetings, trainings, in-services or groups
- Representation of agency in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Participation in meetings for participant care
- Maintenance of skills, certifications and privileging
- Uphold integrity of company and follows policies and procedures
- Reports to work as scheduled
- Reports to QP any concerns or problems either employee or participant related
- Provides participant with the best possible care at all times
- Complete other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience (Qualifications):
Have a high school diploma or GED. Be able to demonstrate competence in the area of confidentiality, participant rights, and strong documentation skills. Have strong organizational skills and basic computer skills along with the ability to use the internet as a resource. Be 18 or older, have and maintain a valid NC driver’s license and maintain liability insurance for their automobile. Be able to work in a non- supervised setting. Must have reliable transportation.
Nonessential skills and experience:
CPR/First Aid, NCI
Physical demands and work environment:
- Must be able to work under various environmental factors including but not limited to a participant’s: work site, school or in the participant’s home.
- General sign-off: the employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to policies.